Friday, January 24, 2014

My earring storage solution

I previously asked for advice on how to store my earrings.  I've now found a solution.

In addition to the jewellery tree for my necklaces, I've got a second jewellery tree for earrings.

The metal butterflies on this stand have dozens of little holes in them, which are perfect for putting earrings in. Hoop earrings and dangly earrings can also be hung on the hooks and the arms.

I like this method because there aren't carefully circumscribed slots for the earrings to fit into (so I'm not going to run out of spaces any time soon) and because it allows my jewellery (i.e. pretty/interesting things that reflect my taste and character and that I already own through the normal course of life) to serve as a decorative element in my bedroom, rather than having to go seek out other decorative elements that reflect my taste and character.

The only flaw in this particular jewellery tree is it's too short for necklaces (and my necklaces aren't particularly long), so I had to get another one for necklaces.

If you're in the GTA, you can buy this and many other jewellery trees at Kitchen Stuff Plus.

1 comment:

laura k said...

Nice! Glad you updated us. I was wondering.