Friday, January 31, 2014

Books read in January 2014

I recently realized that I read more books than I thought I did.  So, for 2014, I'm going to keep track of the books I read each month. Might be interesting to see how many I get done or if any patterns emerge. (Although which books I read when is really a function of the library's holds system rather than any deliberate choice.)

New books (i.e. read for the first time):

1. Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey by the Countess of Carnarvon
2. The Aquariums of Pyongyang: Ten Years in the North Korean Gulag by Chol-Hwan Kang and Pierre Rigoulet
3. To Marry an English Lord by Gail MacColl and Carol McD. Wallace
4.  How Doctors Think by Jerome Groopman

I'm also doing an ongoing comfort-food reread of the In Death series. I don't really think of this as "books I've read" because they're not new, but nevertheless they are books and I did read them. This month I read:

1. Purity in Death
2. Portrait in Death

Hmm...that's fewer than I expected when I tweeted excitedly about how many books I'd read earlier this month...

3 comments:

CQ said...

FYI, there's a sidebar book thingy available for blogs. Library Thing
Here's my free page:
http://www.librarything.com/catalog/CQ/yourlibrary

laura k said...

Library Thing, Shelfari, Book Riot, GoodReads, WeRead (and undoubtedly many other sites) all have sidebar widgets.

I don't use any of them, but they are there if you like them.

impudent strumpet said...

I'll look at those things if I decide I want to make this an ongoing and public thing. If I'm going to keep having less quantity and variety than I hoped for, I might not want to keep announcing it to the world.