Monday, August 12, 2013

Eddie Izzard Canadian tour (and how to convince Massey Hall to sell you tickets)

Eddie Izzard is touring Canada in November and tickets just went on sale with the presale code BEES.

To buy from Massey Hall, you need to go to the Massey Hall site (not Ticketmaster), create an account, and log into the account with BEES in the presale field.  Then navigate through the calendar to the date you want (November 13-16) and that's where it will give you the link to buy.

It wasn't working earlier today when the presale started, but it just worked for me.

On a personal note, this is very exciting for me because I'm completely unspoiled for this show.  For Stripped, I was convinced he wouldn't come to Canada so I sought out bootlegs, and by the time he finally came here I knew the material already - but I was still belly laughing for three hours straight!  This time I have no idea what's coming, so I'll be seeing new Eddie Izzard material for the first time in five years (!) and I'll be seeing it live and in person!

2 comments:

laura k said...

I just got the email from Massey Hall announcing their new season. I saw Eddie Izzard in the lineup and thought, Imp Strump did this! Toronto is on his map because of you. So cool.

impudent strumpet said...

I wish I could take credit for Eddie being aware of Toronto, but he was performing in Toronto at least as early as 1998. At the time I made that post, he'd hadn't been to Toronto in five years just announced a so-called "North American" tour with no Canadian dates. The Canadian dates came 2 years later. So I'm slightly enjoying seeing USians posting on his facebook going "Come to our city! It's only a short drive away!"

(Note to Googlers: the rumour mill says the US tour will be in 2014.)

I will take credit until proven otherwise for the fact that tickets are being sold through the Massey Hall box office instead of Ticketmaster though. Last time I was very vocal about the fact that I got excellent seats through Massey Hall when Ticketmaster was trying to put me on a balcony, so maybe someone noticed.