Sunday, November 11, 2012

News and such

So the big news, and the reason why I've been quiet lately, is that I bought a condo yesterday.  It was the same one I was interested in here - turns out I can afford it now. And, despite the fact that seven months have passed, I still got the unit I wanted. So it seems like their inconsiderate presale strategy had the unexpected advantage of letting me keep a large portion of my life's savings in my own accounts for a few months longer.

This kind of good luck makes me nervous. The other shoe will have to drop sometime.

In my typical way, I was more nervous about having to go to the place and talk to the people than I was about a massive decades-long financial commitment.  So I'm less nervous now that I've met the people and they're working for me now.  But I'm still in the internalized and self-obsessed place.  I allowed myself a completely indulgent day yesterday.  And, honestly, I don't want to be blogathoning today, I want to keep obsessing and eating comfort food.  So I'm making myself blogathon in an attempt to forcibly externalize.  This is probably going to end up being a poor-quality blogathon.

1 comment:

laura k said...

Wow!! Congrats!! Talk about "I love being an adult"!

I will read the blogathon when I can (I usually get to it over the course of a week), but I saw this news in my feed and wanted to respond right away.