Thursday, August 23, 2012

Theme song to The Bubblies

The theme song from The Bubblies is as follows:

Come back, come back,
Come back to Bubbly Town
Seems like such a long time
Since you were around
While you've been away
We've waited for the day
When you'd come back, come back,
Come back to Bubbly Town


I can't find the theme online in English, but here it is in French.

I'm blogging this because, even though it's already answered on the internet, I couldn't google up the name of the show when I didn't remember the key word in the title.

I googled things like "Come back come back come back to * town" and "come back come back come back" "town seems like such a long time", and nothing came up. I wasn't sure whether it's "since you were around" or "since you've been around" and "while you've been away" or "while you were away", but no permutation produced the results.

Finally, @amyrhoda and @bwinton helped me figure it out on Twitter, so thank you to them! And now I'm blogging it in the hope of making it more googleable.

2 comments:

M@ said...

You should've posted the question on here. I would've gotten it right away.

I never even watched the Bubblies, but my little sister did, and for some reason that theme song seared itself into my brain.

impudent strumpet said...

Weirdly, I don't even remember the show. I would have watched it because it would have been on between Elephant Show and Today's Special or something, but it didn't stick. Just the theme song stuck, minus the most important word.