Monday, February 13, 2012

Better spin on the deal-breaker personal ads

I previously came up with the idea of deal-breaker personal ads, and they've been festering in my brain, occasionally being improved.

Today my shower gave me a better way to spin them: call them "Things you need to know before you date me" or something similar. On a website, they wouldn't appear in the initial personal ad, but you would see them before messaging a person. If you find the deal-breakers unappealing, you simply don't message that person.

1 comment:

laura k said...

Excellent revision. I like how it's not necessarily negative. From the standpoint of the person posting, the things you need to know could be positive or neutral. One person's deal-breaker could be another person's deal-maker, or a who-cares shrug.