Saturday, September 03, 2011

Musical interlude

A couple of weeks ago, I ended up crying on the phone to my mother about all the things upsetting me about my GERD diagnosis. I don't often do this (I can't remember ever doing it in my adult life), but it made me feel a bit better. I was rather pleased to discover that crying to mommy still works and glad that that's an available option.

The next day, as I was getting ready for work, I heard that Jack Layton had just died. On top of everything else, he's exactly the same age as my mother, and his son is the same age as me.

This is the song that got me out the door that morning.



PS: Check out around 2:21 - let's just throw a guitar across the stage for no particular reason!

2 comments:

laura k said...

Yay Bruce. He has helped me through many tough days and I'm glad he did the same for you.

You know the redheaded woman playing guitar in the vid is Patti Scialfa. She and Bruce are married.

impudent strumpet said...

Weirdly, I absorbed that factoid from the ether ages ago. I totally covet her hair colour. That's the colour I'd choose if I was willing to bleach before I dye.