Monday, June 21, 2010

Wanted: shave minimizing lotion

I used to use a product called Jergen's Naturally Smooth on my legs, to slow down the regrowth of my (shaved) leg hair. It was discontinued, so I started using another similar product called Aveeno Positively Smooth. Now the Aveeno has been discontinued and I can't find another similar product.

Can anyone recommend anything?

I already know about Kalo, but I'm looking for something more at a drugstore price point, that I can afford to slather liberally on my legs nearly every day for most of the summer. It doesn't need a miracle, it just needs to keep me from growing a five o'clock shadow on my ankles. Trust me, it's for the greater good of society if I don't have a five o'clock shadow on my ankles.

I'm not looking just for moisturizers that you like using on your legs, I'm looking specifically for something that will mitigate stubble regrowth.

I, and everyone who has to see me on the commute home in hot weather, would appreciate any recommendations anyone might have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nivea makes a lotion that minimizes growth and gradually tans your legs. At first I wasn't too thrilled (my skin is tan anyway) but upon using it I've found that it works really well! The color change isn't too obvious, and I only shave every other day now.

impudent strumpet said...

Thanks! Are you Canada? Trying to figure out if I'll be able to find this in stores.