Sunday, March 21, 2010

If you only read one of my Eddie Izzard posts, read this one

I know I've exceeded my quota of posts about Eddie Izzard, I just really need to draw everyone's attention to this and then I'll stop fangirling get back to posting like a normal human being.

Remember how last summer Eddie was being a complete and total looney by running around the circumference of Great Britain to raise money for charity?

Well, it turns out he raised over 1.1. million pounds! That's British Pounds, which is, like, way more than dollars.



Beyond total awe and respect. I don't have the words.

Update: direct from Eddie's twitter feed we're now over 1.6 million pounds!!! I'm extra happy about that, because it's greater than Eddie's number of twitter followers!

7 comments:

Christopher said...

He's an interesting guy to say the least. I can dig it.

laura k said...

If you can't fangirl on your own blog, what's the point. Knock yourself out. Your love of him is so ... it's so great.

I can't wait to read about when you see him. I hope you're not disappointed.

I don't mean to be negative, I just know how it can be when you love someone so much.

impudent strumpet said...

That's actually something I'm worried about. I've already seen the DVD and bootlegs of the show I'm about to go see, so I already know the material. I thought I wouldn't get to see it live so I let myself get fully spoiled, and now I regret it because I'll miss out on enjoying the thrill of new discovery in a live show.

But even though I know all this intellectually, emotionally I'll still be comparing the experience with new discovery, and it probably isn't going to stand up.

laura k said...

Right.

On the other hand, sometimes we can be so in awe of the experience, simply experiencing it is the greatest reward.

Whenever I have seen Joni Mitchell perform, it's been like that. I have a completely uncritical, fangirl, basking-in-the-glow response, and I'm glad of it. Maybe Eddie will be like that for you.

Oona Seckar said...

"Eddie was being a complete and total looney "

And I thought that reaction was just me...

Oona Seckar said...

You've never seen him live? Wow. You get the slightly pitying tone of the UK bod there, right? J/K. You're so lucky, there's nothing like a first time.

But be aware, and wary. I've seen him, oh, five times maybe? He's not ALWAYS 'on'. Usually, but not always. There was one 'dud' night out of the five - not awful, just not clicking. If you get that experience, be forgiving, and know that he'll rock NEXT time.

impudent strumpet said...

Just as long as it isn't another seven years before next time!