Sunday, July 20, 2008

Wherein Porter is either a victim of its own success, or successfully self-policing (depending on how much they want my business)

I like Porter in theory. They seem convenient and I like their philosophy on paper. I don't travel much, but I always figured I'd use them if I ever go to Montreal (although I do have a soft spot for VIA 1) or NYC or anywhere else they fly. (Yeah, I know, OMG island airport, but frankly I live too far north to make myself care.)

But after reading this article in the Star, I don't dare ever fly with them.

"Moreover, that NY-Toronto run is a bit of a clique."

[...]

Linda Buckley, vice-president of public relations for Tiffany's, agrees. "It's a fashion airline," she says. "Every woman on my flight had the right haircut, the right jeans, the right rock."


Yeah, no, I don't belong there.

1 comment:

laura k said...

My mother is flying up on Porter on her next visit, and believe me, she is none of those things. A good fair is a good fair, period.

Don't worry about who's sitting next to you.