Sunday, July 20, 2008

How to volumize your ponytail without looking like a polygamist

This is for people with flat straight hair. I have no idea what happens with other hair types.

1. Make a regular high, tight ponytail at the crown of your head, using a plain regular ouchless elastic. You can use any other kind of elastic too if you want, but it won't work with a scrunchie.

2. Slide the elastic about a centimetre down the ponytail.

3. Keeping the elastic in the same place in relation to your hair, push it back so it's against your scalp. This should make your hair poof up ever so slightly around the scalp. If it isn't poofy enough for your tastes, pull the elastic back further and repeat.

4. Pin the elastic to your scalp hair with a bobby pin. To do this, insert the pin from the back, around the elastic, so the elastic is in the U of the pin and the arms of the pin are in your scalp hair. If it won't hold, insert two pins diagonally at right angles to each other to form an X and they should hold each other.

Now your hair should be in a sleek ponytail, but not perfectly flat against your scalp. If the scalp hair underneath your ponytail is too poofy, just pull the corresponding ponytail hair through the elastic some more.

If these instructions are unclear, ask me questions and I'll edit them. I know it would do better with pictures, but my only camera is a phone and my hair and my bobby pins are the same colour, so all I can do is big black blobs.

2 comments:

Hailey said...

thank you thank you thank you. i've been trying to figure out how to do this for ages.

Anonymous said...

Cool post as for me. I'd like to read a bit more concerning that topic. Thnx for sharing this material.
Sexy Lady
Girls for companionship in London